Which one you will buy ? $127 or $220!!
Of course $127 as it is corner stamp.!!
I think $127 is still more.!! This is my personal opinion and it's upto you whether believe it or not.!!
It's not GOLD which everyone in whole world wants to buy it or use it.
It's piece a paper with very limited people wants to collect it and has no governmental control on it's value.
It's not a Stock or Shares of any company which are monitor by all rules and regulations of that country and if they do wrong they are in trouble.!! (Like Enron, Goldman or Madoff) and government can control them.!!
So piece of paper which is widely available should not be valued what we see in the market because it will be worthless as no one wants to collects stamps any more.!!
Generally following things needs to look before you buy 10 Rupees Gandhi stamps from India or any stamps or philatelic material which is more than $1.!!
1) You are not getting FACSIMILE or Reprint, because they are available in plenty. Not only Mint stamps but this can also be used on private fdc or register used covers or used stamps so BEWARE of it. (This is the biggest threat right now in Gandhi stamp collection.!!)
2) You are not cheated by SHILL bidding.!! or Forgery material or Forged location of item.!! (Second biggest threat and best option to Glorification or Inflated stamp price.)
3) Don't thing all the philatelic blogs, stamps boards, stamps forum,philatelic exhibition, philatelic handbooks, stamps catalog etc are giving you correct information. They don't know what they are talking about including me.!! (Panama Gandhi stamps was valued 60 cents for past 40 years but until now they changed it.!!, by some world renowned catalog company.!!. But still not selling at that price.!!).
On Feb 9th, 2013 Panama Gandhi stamp was sold for $22.!!
4) Everyone wants to GLORIFIED Gandhi stamps so stamp value goes up, excluding me(otherwise I will not write others or will praise instead of writing fact) as I am not praising Gandhi stamps or it's value, but bringing awareness among new collectors as well as other experienced collectors who are not in to Glorification business but just a collectors.
5) Don't try to buy it in private dealing as chances of forgery are more than ever. Also don't interact privately with collectors or dealers as they might give you wrong advice.!! Use your own brain.!!
6) This 10 Rupees stamps are available in plenty so there is not that much premium as you see when it is sold. (All catalog value are BOGUS, because they don't know the real market.!! They just look the price it sold and make assumption that this is the value.!!)
7) To be on safe side think it as a BOGUS material from begin with, so you will be safe.
8) If you don't have 10 Rupees Gandhi stamp than it's not a big DEAL for your collection or there are other investments where lot of people wants to buy and invest in it such as Gold, Stock, House etc.
Last one :- It's simple, just AVOID it, so nothing to worry about. (Any way hobby is DECLINING!!)
According to me $127 (76 UK pounds) is also too much for this 10 Rupees 1948 Gandhi stamps from India.
In past 3-4 months I saw this 10 Rupees 1948 Gandhi stamps from India selling for $97 and $113, which is is also questionable transaction. Click following link to read my blog post.
So BEWARE what you are collecting and why are you collecting.!!
Read my following blog post to understand about stamp collection in DECLINE.!!
1) A Hobby in Decline : 1948 Gandhi USED cover case study.!!
2) A Hobby in Decline.!! - Part-2
3) How to invest when philately price is dropping.
If you see stamps are not even selling or selling like 5-10 times lower their value than mentioned in catalog.!!
Even official 1948 Gandhi Memorial Folder from Post & Telegraph department of India with all 4 Gandhi stamps are selling for $137.!! (To me it looks that seller is Genuine as there are multiple copies of folder and also you can enlarge it to see in detail).
You will see blank folder selling for $150.!!! which was sold for 10 paise (1/10 rupee) or 7 US cents in 1948.!!
It's nothing but waiting to swallow your money.!!
There is nothing RARE or Scare in philately because this hobby is in downward trend because experienced collectors are loosing interest because value is not appreciating and new collectors are not coming in to this because there are lot of other things to do for them such as playing video games on Nintendo or X-box , social networking on facebook or google+ or surfing on web through internet or SMS through iphone or android or watch games such as cricket, football or basketball.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!! or even Collecting.!!!
It's a GAME.!!
So let's see how to play Philatelic Game.!! (click to read how to, rules and regulations.!!)