Recently I saw 1951 India Gandhi post card (set of 4) on eBay Germany (www.ebay.de) selling for 185 euros.!!
Do you think this Indien Briefmarken (stamp) or Indien stationary postcard cost this much.!!
Not sure why this much price for set of post card.? But my guess is your guess.!!
This 4 post card should not cost more than $5-$10.!!
Indien 4 Bildganzsachen *, je mit Gandhi Motiv, rare!
You need to make sure about pricing Gandhi philatelic material because MARKUP is very high and dealers are waiting for someone unknowingly will buy it.!!!
If markup is not high then they will do SHILL Bidding and increase price and make you think Gandhi Philately is appreciating a lot.!! or glorifying the Gandhi stamps.
This postcards were printed in very large quantity and it's widely held by dealers in India because of very low initial investment (9 pies per postcard) so total 36 pies investment in 1951 can bring around 500-700 Rupees which is not bad.
Following screenshot from eBay India on which this postcard are seling under 10 Euros.!! I think it's still overpriced but better then buying from Germany.!!
Again thanks for reading and please share your thoughts in the comments section.
So BEWARE what you are collecting and why are you collecting and at what price.!!
Read my following blog post to understand about stamp collection in DECLINE.!!
1) A Hobby in Decline : 1948 Gandhi USED cover case study.!!
2) A Hobby in Decline.!! - Part-2
3) How to invest when philately price is dropping.
If you see stamps are not even selling or selling like 5-10 times lower their value than mentioned in catalog.!!
There is nothing RARE or Scare in philately because this hobby is in downward trend because experienced collectors are loosing interest because value is not appreciating and new collectors are not coming in to this because there are lot of other things to do for them such as playing video games on Nintendo or X-box , social networking on facebook or google+ or surfing on web through internet or SMS through iphone or android or watch games such as cricket, football or basketball.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!!