Recently I saw one more Gandhi Special Postmark Cancel from Germany. Thank God this one don't have Emblem of India.
This postmark cancel is different than which was for sale on ebay with Gandhi picture & Emblem of India with CDS of 2nd October 2009. But there are some similarities between this 2 postmark cancel.
1) Picture of Gandhi on postmark cancel.
2) Address (Town) on cover.
3) And lot more..........
Following is the cover which has GANDHI special postmark cancel with CDS of May 6-10, 2009. Seems to me that India is welcoming this stamp exhibition at IBRA(Internationale Briefmarken-Ausstellung) 2009 in ESSEN, Germany. Name & Address is white-out is from this cover by me. If you want to do more research on this I can provide full scan.
After looking in to details on this cover it has 5 Rupees Stamp from India. Which is not sufficient/correct postage required for International mail by Indian post in 2009.
I have following questions about above Gandhi Postmark cancel.
1) What to do with Gandhi and this exhibition(expo) in Germany?
2) Is this offical cancel from IBRA with cachet of stamp exhibition?
3) Which philatelic society of India is Greeting this Exposition?
4) Do Indian Postal Service or Indian Goverment greets this exhibition?
5) Do Indian Embassy in Germany knows about it?
6) It has orange barcode so do you think it is commerical used (with insufficent postage)?
7) If commerically used than how it is valid with Indian stamp or only Indian stamp on cover?
8) Why Indian stamp on German Expo (IBRA) cover? Not sure whether this cover is mailed from India or Germany?
After thinking answers for all above questions, Will you consider this as Special Postmark Cancel or Special Rubber stamp?
Unless I don't get sufficent proof of this cancel, I will call it as Special Rubber stamp.!! Like my kids play with rubber stamps of butterfly, flowers, rainbow, princesses, disney characters etc. This is my personal opinion for this Gandhi Special Rubber Stamp because it is very hard for me to think as Special Postmark Cancel.
After researching for previous Gandhi Postmark Cancel from Germany, I can do research on this myself so I did not contacted Deutsche Post. If someone has contact with IBRA I would like to get more info on this if possible.
This postmark cancel is not as per design guidelines of Deutsche(German) Post. Following are links from Deutsche Post for special cancellation requirements. Check it out for more information.
1) Postal stamp with self promotion used for special anniversary or memorial event.
2) Sonderstempel used for anniversary, festivals, fairs and exhibition.
There is a huge difference in design requirement of this cancel compare to 2nd October 2009 cancel where only POSTHORNS were missing in the postmark cancel.
I think artist/creator of this postmark cancel learned from previous mistakes and make neccesary improvement in next release (bug fix for computer industries) but still there are more bugs.!! Next time they need to fix Gandhi Photo on the cancel so it looks completely different.!!
According to me something is going on like Germany's BLUM Forgery so Gandhi collectors need to be aware of this kind of activities as currently we see it from Germany than we might see from other countries like it happen in 1969. Also World is very small now compare to 1969 so it is easy to keep your eyes open and you will see something not only in Rubber stamps but also how philatelic material prices are increased by collectors, dealers and reseller.
Let us know if you have more information about this Rubber stamp so we can change it to Postmark cancel. But I think it is a Rubber stamp.!!!
And also Christian Sperber thinks so. You can read his comments by clicking following link.
Again thanks for reading this blog post and Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II