|Click this link to see more detail about this.|
But other bidders are
h***t (1762) posthost
You can read my other blog post in which "echobangla" won
My own personal opinion about this is a BOGUS philatelic material made in 1930's and we are all following that as genuine philatelic cancellation.!!
On top of it because of demand and glorification, there are forgeries made of this BOGUS philatelic material. This is my personal opinion based on what I have seen following in last 4+ years.
Click following link to read blog post about ROUND TABLE cancellation and think what's going on.
When you bid this high than you do some research and if you notice that this has cancellation date of 20 January 1931, which was during first round table conference, which Mahatma Gandhi did not even attended.!!
Following are some notable SCAM which will help you understand GREATEST Scandal in Stamp collection.
Reprinted label are sold as original 1930 Pre-Independence Gandhi Boycott label!! What a SCAM!!!
|Gandhi Boycott British Goods label|
Why 10 Rupees SERVICE overprint Gandhi stamps were printed only 100.!! Was it needed? NO.!!
Fake 10 Rupees SERVICE stamps is available in large quantity.!!
|Gandhi SERVICE FAKE Stamps and Governor Cancellation|
What is Tibet 1949 register cover with 1948 Gandhi stamps without stamps from Tibet and Indian Embassy of Nepal?
|FAKE 1948 Indian Embassy of Nepal cancellation and Independence day of India|
|FAKE-BOGUS Gandhi specimen stamp.!!|
|Forged 1948 Gandhi Nepal Indian Embassy Cancellation|
|FAKE 1948 Gandhi stamps "JAI HIND" Cancellation|
|FAKE Overprint Cameroun, Nicaragua stamps and FDC!!|
Even FAKE Error stamps and FAKE SPECIMEN stamps(Color faded with sunlight or other chemicals.!!! and FAKE specimen stamps by applying rubber stamps)
How to create FAKE error stamps
FAKE specimen stamps
Why 2009 BOGUS Germany Special Cancellation (rubber stamp) on October 2nd issued to celebrate Non-Violence for high school massacrae in Winnenden? (Collector can go to any extent to make money.!! No value of life against money.!!)
(This makes all 1969 special cancellation questionable!!, because who knows what have happen in 1969.!!). Also don't know upto what stage collector goes to take benefit. !!
BIDDERS!! "hitlerandgandhi" just to glorify Gandhi stamps they increase price of 1948 Gandhi FDC and Used covers.!!! (Images are not enough to understand this so read following blog posts.!!)
We know all FORGERY and BOGUS going in Gandhi philately as well other BRITISH INDIA Philately such as First Aerial Mail, Queen Victoria stamps from British India, King George stamps from British India, King Edward stamps from British India and lot more.
Following are Forgery or BOGUS special cancellation or postmark from post office, used on Gandhi stamps.
Also in past we had seen "Strait Settlements" cancellation also forged so what are chances of Muscat duplex cancellation number 23 is also FORGED.
Following is blog post which will give you idea about postal history, what is FORGED cancellation from Penang Strait Settlements on East India postage stamp.
Indian Philately Exposed : Forged Cancellation
To know more about this kind of activity read my following blog post and think what are the possibilities in postal history of cheating, glorification, SHILL bidding, FAKE, Forgery etc.
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all of the above will help you to make decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
It's a combine effort to justify stamp as investment by
1) Stamp collectors will exhibit Forged and Bogus philatelic material which they will make philatelic judges to consider as RARE stamps. ( in stamp show as well as online)
2) They will medal with BOGUS (never exist) philatelic material, because it's RARE stamps as per philatelic judges (who are also collectors.!!)
3) Philatelic handbook, website, blogs, stamp forum, stamp newsletter, stamp boards etc will help to glorify it, by praising it.
4) Now same stamp collectors and their friends will sell philatelic material, with forged expertise certificate.!!
5) But now they will increase price (unbelievable high) by SHILL bidding by themselves opening new id or help of relatives (son/daughter living/studying abroad in Australia or New Zealand or USA) or philatelic friend who will help them to collect money, ship stamps etc.
6) Write FAKE feedback on online auction about seller and buyer.!!, even though they don't pay commission to eBay or Paypal (Great loss to eBay shareholders.!!)
7) Investment advisior or Financial analyst will brag about stamps selling price and it's appreciation and advice client as alternate investment to wealthy Indian and Chinese.!!
8) Even local real auction house also gets involved in this, because they only do this for living.!!
9) New collector is trap.!!!!!!!!! Everyone makes MONEY on you and have a good living.!!
10) Now some sellers will contact new collectors and try to give advice to buy some forged philatelic material and also try to sell there stuff in private.!!
So BEWARE before you jump into.!!
It's easy to make forgery stamps, forgery rubber stamps and applied on any old cover or letter etc, and no one will notice that's it's forgery.
And if you notice it will be hard for you to complain, because no government cares about this forgery.!!
This is not only in Gandhi stamps but it's happening for any expensive philatelic material which are rare, but mostly in British India Philatelic.
1) First Aerial Mail from Allahabad
2) King Edward KD stamps of India
3) 1854 Queen Victoria QV stamps
4) King George KG stamps
Gandhi Stamps Club
Update on 11/10/2013
After my blog post seller cancelled auction and put this for auction again with reduce price and also mentioned about the non paying seller.!!!!!
(You can open as many accounts you want on eBay, so if you are exposed start with new one.!!)