In May 2010 auction of 1972 Panama Gandhi stamps cover with 3 Gandhi stamps was sold for 521.85 US dollars.!!!
But looking to overall picture of Gandhi stamps and philately don't you think it's easier to make this cancellation (rubber stamp).!! So Beware of this kind of activity.
Following are different ways to make money by selling stamps on Internet.
1) Make money by selling SPECIMEN postcard
2) Make money by making RUBBER stamp
3) Make money by selling TRIAL PROOF waste by stealing it or by art using Photoshop.
4) Make money by selling FORGERY stamps
5) Make money by selling FORGED special cancellation from different cities.
6) Make money by selling FORGERY stamps as GENUINE.
7) Make money by selling BOGUS - never exist special cancellation
8) Make money by selling LABELS - forgery or bogus
9) Make money by selling FAKE or BOGUS First Flight Cover FFC
10 ) Make money by OVERPRINTING stamps.!!
Previously I saw Gandhi Panama Stamp cover with only one stamps which were sold somewhere around $50-80 but this is unique as it has 3 stamps.!! This cover was send to Germany where as all previous cover were either send to Mexico or Guatemala.
Not sure why this commercially used cover needs 3 stamps and also all 3 Gandhi stamps as this make me suspicious because this stamps are not easily available during that time and some one is using it for commercially.!!
It makes me think twice because why someone will used on commercially used cover.!!
Not sure whether this is Genuine Cover because it's very easy to apply this very simple rubber stamp which can be made easily and we all see that in Gandhi Philately. USED cover are forged so it can get higher value than MINT stamps. You even cannot read properly from this rubber stamp except year.!!
I am not expert, but this is just my opinion or view on this cover after looking all FAKE, Forgeries, Gimmick etc in Gandhi Stamps used cover, but it's buyer choice as he/she has to pay.!!
Related Previous Blog post:-
1) Is it make sense to collect commercially used covers ?
2) What a price difference in Panama Gandhi stamps.
3) Panama Gandhi FDC : Is it real or FAKE!! ?
4) Highly INFLATED price in Panama Gandhi stamps.
On ebay or delcampe Panama Gandhi stamp MNH is sold somewhere between 50-70 US dollars so this cover has higher ROI.
This will be one of the most expensive used cover I had seen in last 18 months other than 1948 Gandhi stamp with 10 Rupees stamps from India.
Previous one was Cameroun cover sold for 450+ US dollars.
Following is the screen shot of the bidders, which indicates last 3 bidders are mcphila, speedbird1* and coolblue1955.
Looks like there was a great interest in buying this cover as 3 bidders were bidding 500+ US dollars.!! and two of them are regular bidder or seller.!!
All information are available to everyone using eBay publicly available tools such as feedback, search by buyer and keeping eyes open on each and every auction related to Gandhi Stamps.!!
Winner :- mcphila
2nd last bidder :- speedbird1*
3rd last bidder :- coolblue1955
This blog post is only for future reference for new collectors to know what other collectors are collecting other than MNH Gandhi Stamps & FDC or FFC, so there is no research or other information about cover or stamp (no brainer).
And one more thing that I will never buy this Panama Gandhi stamp cover along with 10 Rupees Gandhi stamp cover because it does not make sense. This is my passive resistance!!
So when the price is high (expensive) it needs to be make sure that you are not getting any facsimile, fake cancellation or getting ripped off by shill bidding same way it's happening in Gandhi Stamps and Philatelic material.
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) First Aerial Post - Indian Philately Exposed - Part III
10) 1911 First Aerial Post - Allahabad - Indian Philately Exposed - Part IV
Again thanks for reading this blog post and Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
Shill Bidding on Gandhi Stamp