In 1952, India honored world famous Poets and Saints by issuing their stamps. This individual are Kabir, Tulisdas, Mirabai, Surdas, Ghalib and Rabindranath Tagore.
But it's interesting to notice what a difference in auction pricing of India 1952 Saints and Poets stamps.
On October 26th, First Day Cover with 6 stamps of India Poets and Saints was sold for $12. But on November 18th similar F.D.C with 6 stamps of Indian Poets and Saints was sold for $49.!!
Don't know why ?
But only difference is seller feedback and country.!!
Seller bridgerkay from U.K. with 2600+ feedback sold for $49 where as seller "rlingen" from Canada with 34000+ feedback sold for $12.!!
So now you know why?.
So now you will be thinking what is the correct pricing of this stamps.?
I think your guess is mine.!!
Now you will be thinking what to do with Gandhi stamps?
But lot of things are similar with Gandhi stamps so you need to aware of this kind of things and compare it before you buy.
So beware what are you collecting.
So you need to think always before you buy otherwise you will regret.
If you have money to throw away then start collecting British India Stamps, India Stamps, 1948 Gandhi Stamps and Philatelic material and you will have a PIECE of PAPER (with no peace of mind.!!).
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
Gandhi Stamps Club.