As all of you are aware that British India stamps were used by small Indian states(kings) by overprinting there state name on it.
Instead of "Patiala state" it was printed as "Patiaea state".!!
Don't you think it's easy to print (overprint) and make lot of money.!! If you try to sell just regular stamp of KED VII or King Edward stamps, there will be no buyer.
But if you just overprint with some Indian state name on it and make it an error you can ask for $4600+.!!, and hope some idiot out there will buy it.!!
But lot of things are similar with Gandhi stamps collection so you need to aware of this kind of things and compare it before you buy.
Following is Gandhi Overprint stamp from India which is FORGERY selling as facsimile. Not only overprint on stamp is forged, but the stamp itself is forged.!!
It was sold under $2!! (If it was genuine it will sold for $200,000!!)
Recently I wrote about Error in Gandhi Service Overprint stamp.!! SERVICE was printed in reverse. You can read more about this by clicking following link.
2) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
3) Maryland forgery of Gandhi SERVICE stamp is $450. Is it shill bidding?
4) Gandhi SERVICE stamp on piece of paper with SUNDAY cancellation !!! ?
5) Most Expensive Stamp.
So I am not sure what dealer/printer/seller think about collectors (buyer)!!
- Do collector just buy it blindly without any research.!!
- Don't seller know philately is hobby of smart people!!
- Seller think they are smarter than collector.!!
So you need to think always before you buy otherwise you will regret.
If you have money to throw away then start collecting British India Stamps, India Stamps, 1948 Gandhi Stamps and Philatelic material and you will have a PIECE of PAPER (with no peace of mind.!!).
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
Gandhi Stamps Club.