Stamp Valuation is in mind of every experienced as well as new collectors.
New collectors will be surprised that their stamps 100+ years old is worth under $1.!! (just couple of cents or no buyer also!!).
Don't think that old stamp means it is valuable.
It all depends on Current Market trends of stamp collection. (Which is DECLINING since last 10 years and it's going down tremendously since last 5 years.!!).
Read my following blog post to understand about stamp collection in DECLINE.!!
1) A Hobby in Decline : 1948 Gandhi USED cover case study.!!
2) A Hobby in Decline.!! - Part-2
3) How to invest when philately price is dropping.
If you see stamps are not even selling or selling like 5-10 times lower their value than mentioned in catalog.!!
Market trends can be manipulated by different ways such as shill bidding (bidding on own item using different id), inflating price (not paying to seller or returning item or mutual understanding) etc.
To know more about this kind of activity read my following blog post and think what are the possibilities.
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
As you all know that I like to share my experience by writing about my purchases, my bidding details, fake and forgery in Gandhi stamps as well as others.
In this blog post I am sharing my November 2012 bidding details which will provide you all information regarding the auction I bidded on.!!
It's easy to get this information. Just bid on what you think which will help for your research and than search it on eBay. For delcampe.net you don't need to do anything as you can see every thing.!!
Following is screenshot if you want to do research on your own bidding.!!
You don't have to believe that this is all correct pricing because lot of factors affect this but still you can get some idea what's going on in Gandhi stamps, who is selling, who is buying etc.
Click screenshot to ENLARGE it so you can see properly about BUYER, Seller, Price etc. (BTW: I have not won any of the item. I also got one counter offer which I rejected it.!!)
To me it all looks BOGUS!!
You can see What I bidded on each item.!! This is from my eBay by clicking Did't Win.!!
AGAIN DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN PRICING, because you don't know about SHILL bidding or transaction was cancelled or buyer did not paid or buyer return item (which is rare).
So after looking all screenshot don't BELIEVE in
- WHAT PRICE IT SOLD.
- MY MY MAX BID. (As I might bidded late so I have to bid little bit higher in order for my research.!!)
After looking above screenshot you will get idea what is valuation.
But you don't have to believe in some of the high priced item as chances of shill bidding, inflating prices, no paying, returing item, mutual withdraw etc.
As you can see that Gandhi stamps are available in plenty (There is nothing RARE or Scare items in Gandhi stamps) except 1948 India 10 Rupees Gandhi Service Overprint stamp.!!
So according to me the PRICE should be under couple of $.!!
BUY IT NOW price and Higher starting point are only to inflated price or to show this is high valued but that's not true.
Also some times low starting price and after that price is jacked up high by shill bidding so beware of this.
Do your own research about valuation otherwise you will regret.
Gandhi Stamps Club.