What is Personalised stamp?
As name indicate it is personal stamp which anyone can make it " Create your own stamp". This is offered by some of the countries like USA, UK, Belgium, Iran, Nederland etc. Some countries allow label(e.g UK) with there stamp and others allow stamp directly(e.g. Netherlands,USA)
It is also called Customized postage or Mystamp or Smilers
Why Personalised stamp?
This stamp is for fun to celebrate certain special event or function in someone's family such as birthday, marriage, new arrival etc.
Why Gandhi Personalised stamp?
To make MONEY.!! As there is not enough Gandhi philatelic material to collect when you compare to other thematic collection such as birds/flowers/animals/sports etc so now a days individuals are coming up with a great new idea of making personalised stamp of Gandhi and creating different postal material such as FDC, used covers etc
What is philatelic value of thie personalised stamp?
Nothing.!! ( This is just my opinion). According to me there is no limit of this personalised stamps. If there is huge demand of that stamp than it can be reprinted. Also there is no authority to control this so in future I can also print it with any topic related to Gandhi. This is like making a rubber stamp.!!
In past stamp dealer were printing out stamps from smaller countries and flooded the market, now everyone can print there own stamps.!!
Also sometimes dealers/collectors/seller this stamps as a STAMP instead of personalised stamp, customized stamp, mystamp or smilers.!! Following is example of Gandhi stamp from Austria which was for sale for $100 and then $75!!
What are other possibilites of this personalised stamps?
There are chances that in future someone will come up with some offending stamps with Gandhi pictures or his principles which he follow throughout his life.
Recently I read article that someone in USA came up with stamp of HINDU GOD and which is offending to all Hindu people around the world and there is no way to stop them.!! You can check following link for this article.
Now it's upto collector to decide what they want to collect and what they do want to do with their collection. Also it's upto collector to decide how much value is in collecting personalised stamps or customized stamps or smilers or mystamp.
Smilers are not direct stamps but you can add your photo to another stamps.
Following is 6 Gandhi Personalised stamp from Iran which is selling around 10+ US dollars.
Read my following blog post to understand about stamp collection in DECLINE.!!
1) A Hobby in Decline : 1948 Gandhi USED cover case study.!!
2) A Hobby in Decline.!! - Part-2
3) How to invest when philately price is dropping.
If you see stamps are not even selling or selling like 5-10 times lower their value than mentioned in catalog.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!!