Recently I saw Austria Gandhi Stamp and did little bit more research on it and found out that there is none issued officially by Austria Postal Service.!! I cannot find any information in handbook or any other Gandhi stamps related website. So to me it looks like it's either FAKE or Personalized or Custom or Private stamp!!
This stamp is available on ebay since last 2-3 years.
To me it looks like artwork is copied from SriLanka Gandhi Stamp.!! So not sure country like Austria were lot of importance is given to artist will never do this kind of activity. They will create nice design of stamp instead of just copying.!!
In title or description on ebay listing there is nothing mentioned about Personalized or Custom or Private stamp!! So I am not sure about what it is so now question is about Authenticity of this stamp.
Even if it is private or custom stamp then I am not sure what is the philatelic value of this stamp as anyone can print it any time.!!
To me it looks like it's either FAKE stamp or misguiding (incomplete) information to buyers/collectors so beware of this kind of activity. I think buying at $75 is too much expensive. If it was $3-4 or $5 then it make sense to see what it is .!!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT GANDHI PERSONALIZED - CUSTOM - PRIVATE STAMP THEN READ MY FOLLOWING BLOG POST
I tried and following is the preview of the custom Gandhi stamp sheet from Austria. ( I can make look alike stamp like above by cropping the image and adding name on in it)
So Gandhi Collectors beware of this kind of activity where there are dealers who are waiting for your money.!! Don't think it is RARE or SCARE. Do your research before you buy any Gandhi Philatelic material for more than 10 dollars.!!
Higher the value more FAKE item comes in market.!! same way like buying Rolex watch or Gucci items or Burberry etc. But this Austria Gandhi stamp does not look like it's FAKE but to me it looks like Custom stamp but there is no information about personalised or custom Gandhi stamp so what else we can think.!!
Read my following blog post to understand about stamp collection in DECLINE.!!
1) A Hobby in Decline : 1948 Gandhi USED cover case study.!!
2) A Hobby in Decline.!! - Part-2
3) How to invest when philately price is dropping.
If you see stamps are not even selling or selling like 5-10 times lower their value than mentioned in catalog.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!!