USA government will get Capital Gain tax on this sell of this stamp.
Also USA government will get Federal Tax, California Government will get State Tax and also local sales tax. Also fees received from expertising this certificate will also benefit Canada Government.
BTW: It's 100+ years old stamps so cannot be sold/ship outside India. But this is from USA so it's fine, but buyer looks like from India ("stampsofindia") so not sure how this Indian antique law will work in future.
Looks like eBay is making lot of money from stamp selling. So eBay shareholders(Disclosure : I am eBay shareholders) are also getting benefit of this kind of expensive stamp if BUYER paid to seller and seller paid all commission to eBay.!!
But chance of cheating to eBay shareholders are very high because sometimes seller don't pay to eBay as buyer did not paid to seller, because buyer might be shill bidding or just want to increase price.
To me this Expert Certificate does not add any value, because it looks like any one can give their opinion and call piece of paper as Expertising Certificate.
To become stamp Expert (Expertising Certificate issuer)
- You don't need any college degree or certification or license from government.
- There are no rules or law in stamp expertising certificate which needs to be followed and there is no overseeing authority who can revoke you as stamp expert or philatelic expert.
- Even to open a store or company it require permit from local authority and they do all kind of inspection, background check etc. You don't need when you start issuing expertising certificate.
- It don't require physical address also as website is only requirement to become philatelic expert.
Don't you think it's a JOKE.!! (Philatelic JOKE).!!
Let me make sure I am not writing that this is not a genuine stamps or not a genuine certificate or genuine opinion giving through Expert Certificate.
I am just expressing my freedom of speech by expressing my own opinion which can help you to think about WHAT IS this Expertising Certificate in stamp collection which we see all the time for expensive stamps and philatelic items.
As this was issued by Sergio Sismondo, first thing I did was to search on google.!!
There is No information about Sergio Sismondo
- Who is he ?
- How is he philatelic expert ?
- What are his philatelic expertise ?
- What kind of stamp collection he did in past and present ?
- Participate in stamp exhibition?
- Won any medals in stamp exhibition ?
- Any international philatelic exhibition judging ?
There are total 87 auction on eBay with Sismondo Certificate. Click this link for auction by Sergio Simondo.
Lot of money by issuing certificate.!! Now I am seriously thinking about to issuing expertising certificate. ( it's coming soon.!!)
It's up to you to decide whether expertising make sense or not. You are paying money so you need to decide.
Also I found another website http://www.sismondowines.com while searching Sergion Sismondo which is all about WINES.
Wines or Stamps ? or both.?
Even though some of the stamps and philatelic material looks Forgery to me there are expertising certificate because any one can issue certificate without any liability.
In past I wrote following blog posts about forgery of 1854 stamp so what are chances of this as Forgery.
Now as we know that this 1854 QV Queen Victoria India stamps are available in FORGERY what are chances of this as forgery.
|Click link to see more about this.|
Any one can become PHILATELIC EXPERT as there is no education needed or college degree or certification exam.!!
Just tell everyone I am Philatelic Expert.!! ( I am Gandhi Philatelic Expert.!!)
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!!
Gandhi Stamps Club.
Bidder list :-
Winner : s***i(1546) looks like "stampofindia" ( Not sure it's going to India so how it works as this stamp is 100+ years old.!! Can they sell it now as it was purchased from USA.)