1) Lot of forgery items are selling on internet as they don't have to invest of managing website as they use eBay infrastructure as place holder of their item.
Biggest FORGERY in philatelic.!!
2) There is more forgery than genuine or only BOGUS philatelic item are selling at very very high price.
3) On top of them Philatelic exhibition were forgery material started wining medals.!!
4) Also forgery item were donated to Philatelic Museum in order to glorify forgery items.!!
5) Price of stamp collection was unbelievable because of SHILL bidding or not paying to seller. Of course lot of new collectors were victim of this SHILL bidding but eventually they just left hobby.!! (Death of Hobby).
6) False glorification of stamps by exhibiting online so new collector think forgery material as genuine.
7) Also lot of financial analyst started writing about stamp as investment and also advising their client to invest in stamp without informing what's actually going on.!! Even famous fellow collector friend will advice you to buy forgery as genuine.!!
8) Also philatelic website, blogs, stamps forum, stamp boards etc.
9) Same seller is selling items with multiple different accounts as it's free to open account on eBay.!! I notice some of them have more than 300-400 accounts.!! Yes 300-400 accounts.!! and they are just switching back and forth every 2-3 months/years.!!\
10) Also we cannot trust philatelic books like Gandhi philatelic handbook don't give you any information as they don't know what is genuine and what is forged, but they just print it.
And all of the above cause Death of the stamp collecting hobby.!!
What you see on eBay (selling price, seller, buyer, feedback) is not truth.!! It's just all big game.!!
This also apply to other collectibles also such as coins, old photos etc.
Now if you see following screenshot you will realize that there are no buyer of 1948 Gandhi stamps with official folder from India Post and Telegraph.
Also price are increased by SHILL bidding in order to glorify stamps as well to increase value, which eventually brought down this King of Hobby.
It's like dealers and collectors want to ripoff new collectors instead of motivating new collectors and some experience and genuine collectors just sit and watch Philatelic GAME.!! instead of exposing what's going.!!
What to learn how to play Philatelic GAME then click following link to read my blog post.
1) Philatelic GAME.!!
2) Philatelic Greed !!
3) Stamp Collecting FACTS.
Also following are different ways to make money by selling stamps on Internet. (Of course is CHEATING!!)
1) Make money by selling SPECIMEN postcard
2) Make money by making RUBBER stamp
3) Make money by selling TRIAL PROOF waste by stealing it or by art using Photoshop.
4) Make money by selling FORGERY stamps
5) Make money by selling FORGED special cancellation from different cities.
6) Make money by selling FORGERY stamps as GENUINE.
7) Make money by selling BOGUS - never exist special cancellation
8) Make money by selling LABELS - forgery or bogus
9) Make money by selling FAKE or BOGUS First Flight Cover FFC
10 ) Make money by OVERPRINTING stamps.!!