Looks like stamp value is not appreciating at all and one should not looks stamp collection as a investment.!!
Also there are lot of questionable philatelic material available for this stamps so please beware of all kinds of FAKE items such as PROOF, IMPERF, SPECIMEN stamps etc going in Gandhi Philatelic material
So what do you think about above Proof and Imperf?
Is it real or just fake.?
Also in past we saw all kinds of FAKE or Forged stamps from India selling as copy and facismile so chances are very high looking to all kind of photo editing software such as photoshop and high quality printer available in market.!!
Please read following series of my blog post to understand what is going on stamp collecting world specially in Indian Philatelic materials and then you decide.
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) First Aerial Post - Indian Philately Exposed - Part III
10) 1911 First Aerial Post - Allahabad - Indian Philately Exposed - Part IV
So all collectors beware of a big hype or push to glorify not only Gandhi stamps collection but some other Indian Philatelic collection such as 1911 First Aerial Mail from Allahabad, King George V, King Edward, Queen Victoria and other British India Stamps
Gandhi Stamps Club.