Reason for regret
1) It's a piece of paper as back of the envelope is missing.!!
2) Now to me this kind of private 1948 Gandhi used covers with stamps from India looks forgery because it's simple to make rubber stamp or steal it from post office !!
3) Don't know whether this is actual travel to England. (I don't think so because postmark rubber stamp from England is missing.!!) No proof that it travelled to England, but that's also easy to make.!!
What do you think about this cover ?
You will see lot of covers with Bombay R.M.S with wide variety of covers such as
1) Early Usage of 1948 Gandhi stamps from India.
2) Insufficient postage cover
3) Usage of USA zip code in 1948.!!
Following are some of the example of Bombay R.M.S used on private F.D.C, Early usage and various used covers.
I think this is not only with Bombay R.M.S but all Circular Date Stamp cancellation whether it's Porbandar, Calcutta, New Delhi and all cities of India. You name it and there will be one Forged and if not then forgers are ready for you to make one.!!!
If they can print stamps then this is very easy job to make this simple circular rubber stamp with as known as CDS (Circular Date Stamp).
Do you think some private collector or dealer (forger) has this rubber stamp and just using it on cover as private F.D.C or used cover or register cover? I think we need to start thinking about it.
Not only that you will find that this 1948 Gandhi stamps from India is traveled through the world because you just have to make rubber stamp.!! (even receiving CDS are forged too.!! it's rubber stamp.!!)
So stay away from 1948 Gandhi Philatelic material otherwise you will have collection like me.!!!
I am not even going near to this.!!
It's all BOGUS because it's a game.!! and it's a SCAM.!!
But it's your choice.!!
Gandhi Stamps Club.