Even though there are only 2000 officially issued there are not enough collectors who wants to buy this.!!
Also "brownblackcherry" bought 5 more First Day Cover with Gandhi Stamps from Congo.!! (check screenshot at end of this blog post). A classic example of how to accumulate philatelic material.!!
So 6 cover with just one collector/dealer.!!
Now do you think you will ever get cheaper Congo Gandhi FDC in auction?
So this means that no new collector really wants to even join this stamp collection hobby. I think reason for this are
1) SHILL Bidding on Gandhi philatelic material is extreme.
2) FAKE and Forgery are available more than Genuine.
3) Highly INFLATED price because of Shill bidding which new buyer regret afterwards.!!
4) New youngster are moving away from this hobby because there are lot of other new hobby and things to do than just collecting piece of paper.!
This is not only in Gandhi thematic collection but I am seeing in all philatelic material selling on auction sites whether it's online or in-house.
What do you think about this Gandhi First Day Cover from Congo issued in 1967.
There is nothing like RARE stamps or philatelic item because eventually it will come in market.!!
Do you still think it's stamps are for Investment.?
1) 1948 Stamps of India are False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps of India: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
I don't think it's for INVESTMENT because there are lot of great Investment out there.
Gandhi Stamps Club
BTW:- In past "brownblackcherry" also bought 3 more First Day Cover with Congo Gandhi Stamps. (Thanks declampe for allowing to see this for long period.)
It's good that this buyer is not using different id to buy it and try to hide his accumulation.!!
1) On 9/20/2012 bought FDC #1457 for $22.
2) On 12/26/2011 bought FDC #1106 for $14
3) On 12/19/2011 bought FDC #???? for $12.
4) On 2006 bought FDC #1843 for $2.!! (yes two dollar.!!)
5) On 2006 bought FDC # 1845for $2!!