But after looking selling price of 44+ years old philatelic material of Mahatma Gandhi stamps, it don't look like stamps collection is coming back.!!
To me it looks like it's going downward (to drain).!! and I can prove it by following images which will explain you that it did not appreciate at all even after all inflation in 40+ years.
It's a DEAD hobby and I am part of it.!!
To me it's nothing but glorification of Gandhi stamps or any other stamps by certain group of people/collector/dealers, investment companies, auction house are trying to maximize their profit are spreading incorrect message/news to new collectors.!!!
You need to decide after looking following screenshot of recently sold (in past 2 weeks of October 2013), Gandhi First Day Cover and decide what's going on in stamp collecting world as you will be spending your money.!!
Mauritius 1969 Gandhi stamps FDC with 6 stamps was sold on for $2.!!
Not sure what seller will get after deducting eBay and PayPal fees.!! Also 6 stamps might have cost more in 1969 than $1.50 if you count dollar price in 1969.!!
Only way to increase price is by
1) Shill Bidding.
2) Selling from different countries by opening account on eBay.!! This covers are selling from South Africa, India and Oregon, USA.!!
2) Buyer don't pay to seller by increasing price. Read following link to see other cheating activity.
Also forgery philatelic material
1) Forged rubber stamp ( e.g Governor General cancellation used on Gandhi SERVICE stamp)
2) Forged stamp on philatelic material with forged rubber stamp (
3) Bogus special cancellation (Germany 2009 cancellation from Winnenden, Germany)
4) Forged stamps (facsimile, replica) used on philatelic material.
To know more about this kind of activity read my following blog post and think what are the possibilities in postal history of cheating, glorification, SHILL bidding, FAKE, Forgery etc.
1) 1948 India Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 India Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 India Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 India Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 India Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE India stamps overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all of the above will help you to make decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
DO YOU THING STAMP COLLECTING COMEBACK?
Gandhi Stamps Club.