It's a worthless cover but bidders increased price upto $77.!! and did not paid. Also chances of Shill bidding are also high in Gandhi Philatelic material even if it forgery or bogus in order to glorify and you might think that it is one of the most popular thing to collect and also investment appreiciate, but that not the case.
Look at the comment given by seller "robamery" to buyer.
This is nothing new in Gandhi 1948 India stamps.
This is very common when you collect India King George stamps, King Edward stamps, Queen Victoria stamps, 1911 First Aerial Mail from Allahabad, Mahatma Gandhi 1948 and lot more.!!
Following is the bidding details were 8 bidders wants this and 15 bids were placed.!!
Don't you think eBay shareholder (including me) are losing money by this kind of activity where seller is using all eBay infrastructure such as server space, network utilization, application usage etc.?
I think so!!
What do you think about this India stamps ?
There are several FDC with ALIPORE cancellation on India stamp of Gandhi as if someone own's it.
Following is one of them which is for sale at $1299 from India eBay seller id "rohit98103".
So what do you think about this India stamps of Gandhi on FDC.
One more ALIPORE rubber stamp first day cover of India stamps with Gandhi 1948 India stamps was available from eBay seller id "blue_guy_1234" was offered for $3000.!!
I will not even pay $30 for this FDC because chances of forgery stamps and forged cancellation. Even if it is genuine it does not justify as collecting item because there was special "Jai Hind" cancellation issued for this FDC so it's nothing but glorification of this private fdc.!!
Now do you understand why India stamp price is higher ?
1) Shill Bidding.
2) Selling from different countries by opening account on eBay.!! This covers are selling from South Africa, India and Oregon, USA.!!
2) Buyer don't pay to seller by increasing price. Read following link to see other cheating activity.
Also forgery philatelic material
1) Forged rubber stamp ( e.g Governor General cancellation used on Gandhi SERVICE stamp)
2) Forged stamp on philatelic material with forged rubber stamp (
3) Bogus special cancellation (Germany 2009 cancellation from Winnenden, Germany)
4) Forged stamps (facsimile, replica) used on philatelic material.
To know more about this kind of activity read my following blog post and think what are the possibilities in postal history of cheating, glorification, SHILL bidding, FAKE, Forgery etc.
1) 1948 India Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 India Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 India Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 India Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 India Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE India stamps overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all of the above will help you to make decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
NOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS CHEATING IN STAMP COLLECTION SPECIALLY IN INDIA STAMPS ?
Gandhi Stamps Club.