12/11/11

Gandhi Stamp Exhibition

Hello Gandhi Collectors,

India issued first Mahatma Gandhi stamp in 1948 and I think it one of the most valuable  and interesting  collection  in Gandhi Philately.

Initially I was thinking to collect India 1948 Gandhi Philatelic material but I stopped this and try to avoid it if possible to add in my collection. My reason for avoiding is

1) Needs lot of study and research to make sure it is Genuine item as because of  almost 65 years quality of Cancellation Data Stamp (CDS) is not in good condition and also it will require lot of research time to authenicate cancellation.

2) Also it will be very hard to research about Receiving Postmark cancel (Back stamp) on the philatelic material as it is very hard to believe that it is real. (Like Nepal 1948 from Indian Embassy).

3) Even some of the register cover I saw makes me nervous.!!

4) Lot of questions about bidding on this auction which is truly amazing to research.

5) I figured it out that in India 1948 Gandhi philatelic material it requires lot of experience (15+ years) and knowledge to even start collecting 1948 Gandhi philately.

6) Even some times I think about Postmark Cancellation on cover. I cancelled my 55th Congress cover because I cannot decide on it eventhough I only paid under $10.(It's easy to make Rubber stamp of 1948, same way like FAKE special cancellation 1969 Burma, Fiji, Luxembourg or 2009 from Germany.!!)

7) But main think for me it does not Justify the value of Stamps, FDC and other USED covers.!!! (I think Lot of Shill Bidding.!!)


If you are really interested  into 1948 Gandhi Philately  then following are 2 exhibit from Maulik Thakkar (founder of this blog) which will help you what kind of material you needs to collect and what is required to make sure it genuine.

Click on both links or on caption to see this exhibit in detail. I think this is one of the best available in 1948 thematic collection. Start dreaming to make this only if you have more than 50000 US dollars in spare.!!

1) Memorial Issue of Mahatma Gandhi- 15th August 1948 By Maulik Thakkar.

http://www.japhila.cz/hof/0465/index0465a.htm
2) Usage of the 1948 Gandhi Memorial issue. By Maulik Thakkar.

http://www.japhila.cz/hof/0684/index0684a.htm


But don't jump after looking this and start buying it otherwise you will endup like buying something like Nepal Indian Embassy or some FDC with Pondicherry or Goa postmark cancellation or FDC from TajMahal hotel etc. Before you start it required lot of study and research otherwise you will regret.

It's very hard to find Genuine cancellation (special cancellation) as it is very easy to forged.!!! and sometimes there are NO GENUINE cancellation even exist.!!

Read following blog post which might help you to understand what's going in Gandhi 1948 stamps and India philately.!!


Still not decided then my opinion is AVOID it all the cost.!! and have peace of mind instead of worrying you are buying Genuine material.!!!

To me all Gandhi Philatelic material available ( specially before 1950) looks FAKE or Forgery as it is very hard to find Genuine stuff and as new collectors (like me) wants to collect, so some greedy experienced collectors/dealers will provide  all of us as well as experienced collectors.!!

Still want to do research  then please read my other blog post and have fun.!!

1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover :  Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed 
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II

By reading this blog post with all think link, will  you ever trust this postmark cancellation even it is sold to me by some known person also ?

Don't you think Gandhi Philatelic material is very easy to FORGED or FAKED.?

Thanks
Gandhi Stamps Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...