Currently this set of 3 stamps were sold between $1 - $1.25.!!
It's surprising that even after 40+ years Gandhi stamp value is not appreciating at all.!!
It was sold between $00.44 - $00.52 (44-52 US cents) in fixed price option with "Ghandi" in description. So if you need cheaper stamps add this in your ebay or delcampe search.!!
Do you think stamps are still for investment.?
Don't you think that is there any Genuine GANDHI philatelic material ever issued.!!! Most of the Gandhi stamps were issued in 1969 and during that time there were very less collectors so it is not enough for current needs of collectors.
Also I think because of recent popularity of Gandhi stamps there is a huge demand of it so dealers and resellers (even printers) are trying to take benefit by issuing FAKE and Forgery material of some never issued stamps, FDC or Used Covers including Register Covers so Beware before you enter in to Gandhi Philately collection.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
Again thanks for reading this blog post and Please share your thoughts in the comments section.