12/20/11

20th Anniversary of World Aids Day special cancellation on Gandhi Postcard from India - Is this Official World Aids Day special cancellation from India Postal Service ?

Hello Gandhi Collectors,

World AIDS Day, observed on 1 December every year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. Government and health officials observe the day, often with speeches or forums on the AIDS topics. Since 1995, the President of the United States has made an official proclamation on World AIDS Day. Governments of other nations have followed suit and issued similar announcements.

I was looking to add something related to Gandhi and Aids in my collection and I came across India Gandhi Postcard with  special cancellation issued on 20th Anniversary of World Aids Day in 1-12-2008.


I have no doubt about Gandhi Postcard but when it comes to special cancellation I start shivering.!! because I have seen lot of FAKE, Forgery and questionable Special Cancellation in Gandhi Philately, so I question this special cancellation issued for 20th Anniversary of World Aids Day (1998 - 2008).

I searched for more information about this special cancellation from India, but I did not find any useful information. So I am not sure whether this is Official Special Cancellation  on Gandhi Postcard or just regular rubber stamp on Gandhi Postcard?

Also there is no special cancellation available on (ebay.in) eBay India.!! which is also strange as you will see lot of postcards for sale but not with this special cancellation.!!

Currently wide variety (different theme) of this Gandhi Postcard with AIDS special cancellation is available on ebay.com from seller "staucy62" for $6. Of course there is  someone who bought this special cancellation.!!! ( I hope buyer did research before buying it.!!)





If you see following screen shot you will know that various Gandhi Aids and Cancer postcards are available without cancellation for very cheap on ebay India so I am not sure whether this is RARE special cancellation.?

I can buy following postcards and make my own rubber stamps and start stamping on this postcards.!!!! so I want to make sure what I am buying. Whether this is official cancellation from India Post or just another kind of hobby DIY (Do It Yourself).

It's easy to make rubber stamp. Download logo from UNaids.org or google images, then go to any local rubber stamp vendor or on internet and create your design and next 2-3 days you will get your rubber stamps and start your work.!!


As usual I’d be very grateful if blog readers could assist me in nailing this one. (Same way like reader "koolcals" helped me to find FAKE Mauritius Cancellation.!!)

Please let me know if you have more information about this cancellation so I can add this in my collection if it is indeed Genuine cancellation.

I emphasis on research before I buy any item in Gandhi Philately otherwise I have to regret like some of my past purchase.!!

Very nice cancel with usage of Logo/Emblem of United Nations. Permission from United Nations is required in order to use their Emblem. This is similar to using Emblem of India

By using UN logo it does not make it Genuine.!! One need to have permission to use. Check this  link to see who can use it.   http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/guide   (item #10)

Someone should have information about this special cancellation as they have to get cancellation from India Post or if it at there place then they have to pay 1500/3000 Rupees in 2008 and also needs to take permission to use UN Emblem.

So if it is Genuine then some local philatelist or club or government official will have something which can proof it is Genuine.
http://www.indiapost.gov.in/netscape/philately.html

I request all fellow collectors and well wisher if you have any info about this special cancellation please send it to me or comment in this blog so all Gandhi collectors as well as some other topical thematic collectors will also benefit by adding in their collection with peace of mind and they don't have to worry about any Fake item.!!

Again thanks for reading and  please share your thoughts in the comments section.


So what do you think about all this Gandhi postcard with special post office cancellation?

Do you think anyone can make it.? (It easy to make rubber stamp.!! FORGED)

Also don't think price are this high. According to me it is nothing but glorification of Gandhi stamps so new collectors get cheated that this is one which they needs to collect for investment.!!

I have some of the this private used cover with 1948 Gandhi stamps including FAKE or FORGED Nepal Indian Embassy Cancellation First Day cover with 1948 Gandhi stamps and I learned a lot from that and I am trying to aware everyone.

It's not only in 1948 Gandhi stamps from India but also from Nicaragua, Panama, Madagscar and lot more.!!

1) Nicaragua FAKE First Day Cover with Gandhi and Einstein Stamp.
2) Madagascar Forged FDC with Gandhi stamps.
3) Fake cancellation on Panama Gandhi Stamp to make private First Day Cover.
4) Forged 1948 Gandhi First day cover with stamps from India.

So think before you buy. Just don't buy if any philatelic magazine, book or website praise about it to glorify Gandhi philatelic material. It's in your hand.!!

So how can we even trust all the philatelic material with stamps from India. To me it all looks BOGUS to make money from collectors by selling lot of FORGED in 1948 Gandhi Philatelic used covers, register cover and even First Day Cover.

So what do you think about Gandhi postcard from India with special cancellation on Worlds Aids Day.?

Thanks
Gandhi Stamps Club


Still want to do research  then please read my other blog post about Gandhi Stamps and you yourself think how Gandhi Stamps are glorified!!

1) 1948 Stamps of India are False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps of India: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover :  Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed 
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...