Again to all new collectors think before you start collecting and see what is the real philatelic. It's not just stamps and sheetlets.!!! If you collect stamp sheetlet like this I think it will not appreciate too much as there are more then enough for all Gandhi Collectors.
John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy were famous in 1960 because of president and their assasination, but my research indicates that thematic collection of Kennedy's are not popular any more lot of stamps and sheetlets are coming in market. I think same is the case with MLK. It's surprising to see this kind of decline in thematic collection of certain leaders.
I think Gandhi popularity is gaining because economic in India is doing very good since last 10+ years and also lot of NRI who went to foreign countries on H1 Visa are coming back to their childhood hobby so it's in great demand and trying to collect all.!! But I am not sure how long it will continued and will sustain this kind of popularity of this thematic hobby.!!
Even after this popularity this sheetlet are selling some where between $1-$3 and I think it's a reasonable price after 40+ years.!!
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II