This is rare Indian stamp with error which was never available to general public but there are none available. Chances of some error stamp might be STOLEN from government archive or while destroying stamps.
But there are only FORGERY of this widely available as REPLICA stamps which are very very hard to make any difference.
So what are chances that this REPLICA stamp was sold for $6000.!! But it's good for eBay shareholder as they will get $800 as fees, if eBay shareholder are not cheated by
- fake bidding
- buyer not paying to seller
- seller or buyer mutual withdraw
In past I saw FORGERY stamp selling by "posthedge" from USA under $2. So what are chances that this kind of forgery are sold as genuine as rare Indian stamp.
Click to read more about it.
We know there are more than 1000+ replica stamps available for different rare stamps of India as well as different rare stamps of world.
Following are some of the replica stamps available
Gandhi 1948 Stamps : Facsimile - Copy - Replica as Forgery or FAKE 1948 Gandhi Stamps.
1907 King Edward stamp & King George stamp from Nigeria and British Central Africa stamps comparison with Gandhi stamps. Looks like it's a REPLICA'S MARKET in expensive stamps.!!
In above this blog post I will compare 1907 King Edward & George stamp from Nigeria and British Central Africa stamps and India Gandhi stamps.
We had seen lot of Replica or Facsimile or Photocopy stamp of 1948 Gandhi stamps from India as well as other following British Central Africa 1907 KE stamp and 1904 King Edward stamp from Northern Nigeria.
Yes it is replica of King Edward Stamp.!! which was sold only for $5.!! and that's also for two stamps.
Looks like higher the face value of stamps such as 25 Rupees KE stamp from India, 25 Pounds King Edward stamp from Northern Nigeria, 10 Shilling KE stamp from Southern Niegeria higher the chances.
So looking to above 2 King Edward stamp what are chances of following 1907 KE Southern Nigeria King Edward stamp SG43 which is selling on eBay. If we can see see Nigeria 1904 KE stamp, British Central Africa 1907 King Edward stamp as replica then we need to think about this.
But looking to following REPLICA stamps which are rare stamps of world which are very famous RARE stamps what are the chances of getting one of the Replica. I think chances are high.
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
6) Maxi Card sold for $5100 with 1948 Gandhi Stamps - False hope of Riches - Part VI?
7) Indian Philately Exposed
8) Indian Philately Exposed - Part II
9) Gandhi SERVICE overprint stamp price fell from $1009 to $1.!!
10) How can you tell that Gandhi SERVICE stamp is FAKE or Forgery ?
I hope all the above will help while making decision in investing stamps and to avoid getting CHEATED.!!
Now don't you think it does NOT make sense STAMP INVESTING!!