Where as whole World referred October 2nd as The International Day of Non-Violence, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
On 15 June 2007 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish 2 October as the International Day of Non-Violence. The resolution by the General Assembly asks all members of the UN system to commemorate 2 October in "an appropriate manner and disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness.
This cover is made with my concept in Gandhi Philately "Think Different" which has
1) 1961 USA Mahatma Gandhi stamps (4 cents and 8 cents)
2) H series USA stamp (33 cents).
3) Postmark cancelled on October 2nd , 2011 from JAF Post Office in New York. (Biggest Post Office in USA and opens 365 days) and also automatic postal stream postmark on all 3 stamps and barcode.
4) Photo of New York, Mahatma Gandhi Statue
5) On cover 25 Anniversary is printed and International Day of Non-Violence is also printed.
6) Mahatma Gandhi Circular Label (Apostle of Peace and Non Violence) and his famous quotes "My Life is My Message".
7) United Nations Label of International Day of Non-Violence with Mahatma Gandhi Non Violence quotes.
This year I celebrated Gandhi Jayanti with cover with cachet of Washington DC Mahatma Gandhi statue. You can see that by clicking following link.
Gandhi statue in Ottawa Canada unveiling cover on October 2nd, 2011.
Mr. Ole-Fredrick Olsen cover send to me on October 3rd, 2011.