Following is screenshot from ebay public feedback of buyer and seller (same like you can see on delcampe.net auction site.!!) which indicates it was bought by ebay id "tsashwin" from India for FDC for $6100!! Looks like Indian collectors are pouring money in Gandhi Philately.
Disclaimer : I don't know both buyer and seller and never did any transaction on ebay as well as any private transcation outside.
Buyer "tsahwin" is ebay member since 2005 but not did any transaction from Feb 05 - Dec 10. (click last feedback page to see). You might be thinking why all this, but it matters everything when you research in Gandhi Philately.!!
Don't understand how collector can spend so much money on this kind of FDC. As per Wikipedia India's GDP in 2011 per capita is $1388 which is standard of living. Now think what that money can buy in India instead of just one cover.!! Do you think this is really worth $6100?
I think eBay shareholders are doing good from Gandhi Stamps and Philately specially in 1948 India issue. From above transaction only eBay/Paypal will get $250-$300.!!
Please read my other blog posts to increase your awarness about 1948 India Gandhi stamps and FDC
1) 1948 Stamps False hope of Riches?
2) 1948 Gandhi Stamps: Are False hope of Riches - Part II ?
3) 1948 Gandhi Mourning Private FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part III?
4) 1948 Expensive Gandhi FDC : Are False hope of Riches - Part IV?
5) 1948 Gandhi Stamps Early Usage cover : Gandhi Stamps Are False hope of Riches - Part V?
- I have eBay shares in my retirement account and don't intend to buy or sell in 72 hours.
- I am not recommending to buy or sell eBay shares. This is my personal opinion, which I don't recommend anyone to make judgement by reading this as this might be not true as I am not completely aware whether buyer paid or return this item, seller refunded etc.!!
- I am not financial analyst or stock broker or don't work for any financial instituted.
- I don't work for eBay.